I’m on the mailing list of some of my favorite churches. Rev. Tamara Franks is one of my favorites. Though it is my hope to respond to Tamara’s message on being beloved is so timely, that I want to share with you now.
Words of Reflection
Beloved-ness by The Rev. Tamara Franks
If you are reading this . . . Celebrate!
- You are alive — full of breath!
- Your mental health is able to read and comprehend!
- Your resources include some form of technology AND you know how to use it!
- You are invited to continue to know your own belovedness and its powerfulness!
Love is of God. Love is God. God is love. You are God’s beloved.
This “love” word gets thrown around sometimes to the point of losing its meaning and effectiveness. On this day of purposeful intention of all things LOVE, I wonder —
- What opens your heart to accept a depth of love that might be transformative?
- How would your belief in the ‘belovedness’ and sacredness of “each person and thing” impact both – your circles and your greater community?
Your ministry of love has the power to . . .
- Open up a world not yet known to you
- Open up lives beyond your own
- Open hearts to receive a depth of grace releasing tears of knowing, accepting and belonging
- Open eyes to the beauty of creation as a gift offered every moment
- Open minds to reimagining theologies that will liberate and redeem
- Open hearts to respect “those others” too often demeaned
- Open spirits to examine how Love (G-d – Yahweh – Christ) heals
- Open avenues to witness strength, courage, and tenacity in places too long weary and victimized
- Open a sense of humbleness to the Greatness of the Common Good that can and will overcome current polarizing actions
May this same love hold you in rapt attentiveness.
May a love beyond your imagination wrap itself around you tighter than you’ve ever experienced.
May your belovedness offer itself to one in need – and may it be received fully.
Amen and Amen.
The Reverend Tamara Franks is the pastor at High Country UCC in Boone, NC.